AUDITION DATE: Saturday, March 23, 2019
LOCATION: First Congregational Church of Wauwatosa
DEADLINE: February 20, 2019
- Instrumental students who will be in 4th through 9th grades in the following school year (band or orchestra instruments)
- Vocal students who will be in 8th or 9th grade in the following school year
- Family has demonstrated financial need (Civic Music will determine this from the application)
- Resident of Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington, Ozaukee or Racine County
- Has never had private music lessons on their instrument/voice
- Shows exceptional musical potential and has strong interest in pursuing their musical development
Students must be recommended by a teacher. Students, parents and recommending teacher need to work together to complete the application. Please make sure to give yourself enough lead time when preparing it.
Audition and Interview:
Students will be assigned to either a morning (9:00am-12:00pm) or afternoon (1:00pm-4:00pm) session and must attend with their parent/guardian. Several valuable experiences are planned:
- Orientation to learn more about the program
- Audition and Recital Preparation Workshop facilitated by a professional musician
- Recital Performance by one or more of our High School Showcase Award winners
- Audition/Interview (5 min.) before a panel of two music educator
Scholarships provide private lessons to selected instrumental and vocal students. Students are required to audition for a panel of music educators. An audition and recital preparation workshop is also held for students and their parents. As a culminating experience to the program, there is a year-end recital showcasing each participant in a solo performance in front of a live audience. Selected students receive 25 half-hour private music lessons through our unique Private Lesson Scholarship Program. Students are recommended by their music teacher to audition for one of these scholarships.
YEAR 2 and 3
Students in Year 1 and Year 2 can be recommended by their private teachers for Year 2 and 3 lessons. If you are currently a Year 1 student, talk with your private lesson teacher.
The Private Lesson Program is made possible in part through generous funds donated by Norbert J. Beihoff and other friends of CIVIC MUSIC.
AUDITION AND RECITAL PREPARATION WORKSHOP
ATTENDANCE: Open to all Private Lesson Program auditioning students and their parents
DATE: March 23, 2019
LOCATION: First Congregational Church, Wauwatosa
This workshop is offered at no charge to all students who are auditioning for a private lesson scholarship. And, of course, parents/guardians are welcome! Learn some insights about practicing and performing from someone who has lots of experience with both!
The Private Lesson Program is made possible in part through generous funds donated by Norbert J. Beihoff, CIVIC MUSIC Friends and the following foundations and service organizations:
Bader Philanthropies | Mockingbird Foundation
Maihaugen Foundation | Woman's Club of Wisconsin
White House of Music Foundation | Steinway Society of Milwaukee
Pieper Electric | Elmbrook Rotary Club